Links and Loves Friday, December 3

Oh my goodness! December snuck up on me so quickly!  Are you ready for the holidays and for all the rigmarole?

Let's take a minute to check out a few "Links and Loves" from this past week.


#1 Here are some December backgrounds for your phones, tablets and computers.


#2 I've finished reading this book. This is one of those novels that people either really like or really dislike. Personally I enjoyed the story and characters. The themes in this book are about loyalty, betrayal, loss, sacrifice and tragedy. I kept wondering how someone could actually have seven husbands, but each marriage was believable and I found myself sympathizing with the main character.


#3 I learned about the "inspect" tool for websites from Richard Byrne through this video and I feel so techy and knowledgeable now.  I think this could be a great lesson in showing students how easy it is to create fake websites and unreliable sources of information online.


#4 Slidesmania has a new slide deck for making a "Cardtegories" game. If you don't have the time to create a game, why not make this a group activity for your students in your classroom and let them create the game. Slidesmania has many different types of game templates and game-based learning plays an important role it teaching by allowing students to collaborate, communicate, interact and work in teams.


#5 Would you like to try something fun a creative with students? Use Canva to animate a page and then create a gif!  Did you know that Canva has many different types of graphic organizer templates like this one?


Here is a video showing how to animate and then download the animation as a gif in Canva.


Well, that's all the time I have for this week's "Links and Loves".  Hopefully you have been inspired by something I shared this week. I hope your weekend is enjoyable and that you find time to do something for yourself this weekend. I plan to do a little baking, a little shopping, a little decorating and hopefully watch a movie or find a new book to read.

See you next week,

Deb




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site