Links and Loves - Friday, December 10th, 2021



Today is December 10, 2021! We are already in the double digits of December.  


This week I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the SLATE Conference. SLATE stands for (School Leaders Advancing Technology in Education).  I can't even tell you how nice it was to be back in person to learn and share with educators from all over the Midwest. I feel so inspired!


Here are a few quick takeaways from SLATE. 

Spinnerwheel.com lets you add more than one wheel to your screen. As a matter of fact, you can add and save up to eight wheels on a page!  You can add images, text, numbers and percentages. The wheels can be used independently or at the same time. There are many settings to choose from for each wheel, including colors, backgrounds and sounds.



This Christmasify extension will add falling snow to any webpage. 


The DF for YouTube (Distraction Free for YouTube) extension eliminates all adds for YouTube videos including the ads at the beginning (Grammarly seems to be the most popular) and the list of recommended videos that appear to the right of the video you are watching.


The DocTools extension has several features that can be helpful when working with text and numbers on a Google Doc. I'm liking the ability to highlight with 5 different highlighter colors, sort text in ascending or descending order and change numbers to text or text to numbers. 


Okiocam for Google Slides is an add-on for Google Slides that will allow you to capture pictures through a webcam and insert them directly into a slide.  I gave this add-on a try with my iPevo document camera and it worked like a charm. I captured a page in a book and then I captured a few cut-outs and I was able to quickly insert each of the snapshots into a slide in my presentation.



Of course I learned much more than just these few fun and useful extensions and add-ons. More to come on the bigger topics in future blogposts.

I started a new book and I listened to this podcast.  I made this recipe from an Instagram Influencer and my entire family loved it.  

I 3D printed this business card holder to use at SLATE and it worked great.  Did I mention how inspired and energized I am after attending the SLATE conference in person?  💖



I hope you feel inspired by this Links and Loves post. Leave me a comment on what has inspired you lately. Also, I would love it if you subscribed to my blog if you haven't already.  Simply scroll down and click on the Follow button on the left side under the Followers widget.

Enjoy your weekend,
Deb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site