Links and Loves - Friday, December 17, 2021

I'm winding down from a busy few weeks and feeling very grateful for a holiday break that is right around the corner. I'm looking forward to more time with family, looser schedules and lots of down time.

Here are a few links and loves from this past week.


I discovered a new feature in Google Chat called "Add a status"

By default, Gmail sets your status as "automatic based on activity". So most people see you as active throughout the day when you are logged into your computer. If you click on arrow next to the active tab, you will see an option to add a status. This is great to personalize your status to let others know if you are in a meeting, out sick or busy teaching.  You can customize how long the status is visible for and even customize the emoticon that goes with your status.







Tab Manager Plus for Chrome is a new (to me) extension that I am finding useful. This extension lets you easily see all of the tabs you have opened in one place.  You can see multiple windows and even windows that are minimized. It will also let you save all of the tabs easily and reopen them later. 



I signed up for the Ditch Summit free online PD conference organized and offered by Matt Miller. Even though the summit has already started, you can still register. I plan to peruse the content over my holiday break. #NeverStopLearning




Our family plans to play a lot of this over the break. My husband has requested these for his stocking. My boys, on the other hand, would rather have these.  I just want to dream about Spring break in Florida watching my son play baseball.  Too soon? No way!




I hope you have the best holiday break with family and friends. A new year is right around the corner and I'm already thinking about #NewYearsGoals and all that 2022 has to look forward to. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Deb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site