Links and Loves: A Webinar, an Online Course and Three Sites from My Colleagues

Yesterday was a challenging day for our school because of a situation that brought about an hour long hard lockdown. I'm so thankful for our teachers who showed amazing professionalism, support and consideration for our students and staff. #TogetherWeAreBetter



This Saturday, I will be presenting a SimpleK12 Webinar on Mobile Makerspaces: Tinkering with STEAM. This webinar is free and I will be sharing many ways to involve students in STEAM activities that are moveable and mobile and are fairly easy to implement. I love sharing all of the innovative things we are working on and using.

In other exciting news, I have been given the amazing opportunity to be an instructor for a course called Artificial Intelligence Explorations and Their Practical Use in Schools. This course is being offered through ISTE U and is a nation-wide initiative. This is an incredible opportunity for me as well as the inspiring educators that are taking this online course. It’s so amazing to learn from one another and explore the world of artificial intelligence.

A colleague (thanks Kim!) recommended this fun site for ordering skins to protect devices. I’m tempted, but I haven’t ordered anything yet.

Another colleague (Thanks Lynn!) recommended I check out this article, “A Handy Chart Featuring Over 30 iPad apps for Students with Special Needs”.  

And another colleague (Thanks Val) shared the site Brush.Ninja for making animated Gifs and animations! If your device has a touch screen, this is awesome for drawing these on your own.

My colleagues are simply the best! I learn so much from all of you!  #SharingIsCaring

Here is what I am currently reading. And here is what I listened to this week on my commute.  


Please take time to enjoy your weekend and give yourself a break. Do something for you and your family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site