A Fun Way to Answer a Question

Hello to everyone who is checking out my blog! 





Today's site is called Answer Garden.  This is a neat way to communicate within your classroom.  Answer Garden allows you to ask a question and then students can type in and submit their answers.  It works similar to a Wordle in that the more times an answer is given the larger the answer will appear in the display.  You can also hover over a word in the Garden and see how many times that word was entered by students.  The Answer Garden can be shared with students using a URL or it can be embedded into a wiki or blog!  


I used it yesterday with our students during vocabulary practice in reading.  Our students were finding words that had a similar meaning to the word analyze.  I asked the students, "What is your favorite word for analyze?"  You can check out our Answer Garden on our class wiki!  




I have created a series of screen captures to show you how to set up an Answer Garden.  I hope you find this tool to be yet another way for students to communicate answers and ideas.  And the best part is?  No passwords, email or logins!
Let me know your thoughts please.









Comments

Mrs. Ernst said…
Sounds great. I want to explore using this one.
Anonymous said…
Oh - Janet you beat me! I love this, and you have inspired me to add Lesson Websites to my webpage (check it out https://sites.google.com/a/ripon.k12.wi.us/mrs-simacek/home) for me to be able to refer quickly with descriptions of the websites and when I added them. Keep 'em coming! This is fun! I will be using this with my Explorer National Geographic vocab this week or next!! Thanks again, Deb!
Anonymous said…
Keri,
I checked our your web site. It looks great! It's great that you have a way to communicate with parents and students online! I'm impressed.

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase