Links and Loves -- Friday, September 17

Hello!

How was your week? The weather in Wisconsin has been perfect this week and I'm loving getting outside each day to enjoy it. My goal has been to walk at least 2 miles each day and I've held to that almost every day this year since January 1, 2021!  It has helped me with stress management and energy levels. 

Here is a little peak at a few things that have made my week.

1. A few teachers have asked me what type of wireless mouse I recommend for a Chromebook. I like the Logitech brand. One teacher shared with me that she purchased this mouse and this usb adapter and she loves it!

2.  I watched the new Cinderella movie over the weekend and I loved how Cinderella is portrayed as a girl boss who aspires to be a fashion designer. To top it off the cast members are amazing and music is so perfect and enjoyable! I've been listening to the playlist on Spotify all week. I highly recommend this modern remake of Cinderella. 



3. I listened to a few podcasts this week. 

        Just Keep Charting AND. . . (Reflection & Process) helped me to reset my mindset about how challenging things are right now and how not to fall into a tailspin of negativity.

              Using Pop Culture to Teach Writing Skills is an example of how an English teacher wrote a curriculum based on the Walking Dead to engage learners through reading and writing.  Now that is innovative!

4. I started following this account on Instagram and I'm finding that I look forward to checking out the posts each day. So many helpful ideas for any educator.

5. Our Youth Apprentice and I have been 3D printing a few items this week. He printed this and this to use for a presentation he was assigned on heroes in his English class. I printed this

6. I came across this infographic which I find interesting and important for our high school student population choosing to go into post secondary education. The Twenty Fastest Growing and Declining Jobs in the Next Decade. If I could do it over again, I would choose a career as a data scientist, in mathematical science or as an information security analysts. 


I hope you have a nice weekend. I'm looking forward to unplugging and enjoying some baseball, a cookout and family time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site