Links and Loves - Canvas Update, Instagram, Free Online Conference, Managing Stress, Quick Tip and What I'm Reading

Happy Fall Break friends! I'm sending this out a day early since we have Friday off this week. This is a much needed break to be able to rejuvenate and take a breath. Here is where I plan to spend my day off.

Links and Loves:


If you are a Canvas user, you might be interested in checking out the new content editor. New features include a more condensed intuitive look and drag and drop images. You can turn on the new editor in the setting of your course.


It's been a full week of innovation and fun in our Innovation Lab. Follow me on Instagram to check out our Innovation Lab Highlights


Richard Byrne of Free Technology for Teachers is planning a FREE online conference for educators in December. I just registered to present and/or attend. I love these types of learning opportunities! I always get inspired.


As we approach our first self-care day of the year, I found this article on, 5 Ways Teachers Can Manage Stress and Overwhelm.  Remember to take care of your mental health.


Quick Tip:



A few teachers were curious how I created this profile picture showing myself with a beach background. Here is my quick tip. Use the site remove.bg to remove the background from your picture and then add a fun background on a Google Drawing and place your image from remove.bg on top of the background.

What I'm Reading:

I started reading, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman this week. It has great reviews and was recommended to me from several educators. To be completely honest, I'm not hooked yet. The novel has interesting moments, but my mind keeps trailing off to other thoughts because the story is not grabbing my attention. I'll keep you posted if the story gets more gripping.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site