Links and Loves

Welcome back everyone! I hope your first weeks of school have been enjoyable and impactful. I look forward to learning along side all of you again this year. (I won't mention the full moon or the fact that it is Friday the 13th) 


Here's to a great 2019-2020 school year!

Links and Loves:
I love how this school welcomes all Freshman on the first day of school. Way to set an excellent example of #KindnessMatters Appleton East!

WheelofNames.com looks like a simple way to make a spinner for choosing names or anything else you might need. Turn up the volume for the sound effects.


Wakelet.com has become my new favorite way to curate a collection of links.  It's simple to share your list with others and the Wakelet extension makes saving links quick and easy. Check out my Instagram post and stories by clicking here.


Did you know this week in September, 2019 is special?

Have you seen this funny take on the missing snake at Fond du Lac High School? The snake has now been found, thank goodness.

Have you heard of Visible Thinking? It is for teacher and school leaders who want to encourage the development of a culture of thinking in their classrooms and schools. One of the educators in my ISTE online class, who uses visible thinking in her class, pointed out this site to me.

Quick Tip:
Did you accidentally close a tab you had opened?
Right click on any tab in your browser and click on reopen closed tab.




What I'm Reading:
I just finished Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover.  It was one of my favorite books I've read so far this year! Tara spoke at Viterbo University yesterday and I sure wish I could have been there.

I'm now reading Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. I'm only one chapter in and I'm liking it so far. It's been interesting right from the start!


Thank you for reading this post and for all that you do for our students. Enjoy your weekend and time with family and friends. I'll be visiting my son to wish him a happy 21st birthday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site