Links and Loves - PearDeck and Researched-Based Tech Integration Strategies


Image result for edutopiaThis week I read this article from Edutopia about Research-Based Tech Integration Strategies by Liz Kolb.  The big idea I came away with is that even though students all have their own devices, it is really important to keep the learning social and connected.  In other words, even if students are working on an assignment individually, they should still have opportunities to work socially with others.

This week’s Links and Loves is dedicated to ways that we can do exactly that!

Image result for gsuite

#1 GSuite - With features such as sharing capabilities, built in chat, built in commenting, editing, suggesting and viewing rights and activity dashboard, users can connect and collaborate in many ways with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets etc. Google Meet also provides a safe platform for online conferencing.
Image result for goose chase logo#2 Goosechase - Organize and run digital scavenger hunts to gather knowledge and information.  Allow others from your community and beyond to take part.
Image result for slack logo#3 Slack - A fantastic platform for teamwork. Hold discussions, make announcements, gather resources and assign tasks all in one place.


#4 Scratchwork - Created for mathematics. Turn your pen and paper drawings into digital objects with your webcam or phone. Reorganize, resize, and mark up your drawings. Upload and annotate PDF documents, or arrange your ideas on virtual pages to export as PDFs.  Share and edit your boards with others in real time. Chat, audio, and video calls are built in.
Image result for flipgrid logo

#5 Flipgrid - a video discussion platform that can provide a safe place for reflections, ideas, learning, debates, and stories shared among a group of individuals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classroom Connection
PearDeck
Image result for peardeck
This week I used PearDeck to teach lessons on Digital Citizenship. This lesson delivery tool worked flawlessly and I truly believe the students were better engaged and involved as participants in the discussions and formative assessments.

Pear Deck transforms presentations into classroom conversations with an array of interactive and formative assessment questions. With Pear Deck, every learner engages with the interactive activity on his or her own screen, and knows their response will be seen by the teacher, but anonymous to the rest of the class.

If you want an instructional tool that integrates with Google Presentations and had impressive features for student engagement and learning, I highly recommend giving PearDeck a try!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope your weekend brings you some rest and relaxation. Happy Friday everyone!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep on working, great job!
Anonymous said…
Hello there! I just would like to give you a big thumbs up for your excellent information you have got here on this post.
I'll be coming back to your website for more soon.
Anonymous said…
Hey there I am so thrilled I found your website, I really found you by
mistake, while I was browsing on Digg for something else, Regardless I
am here now and would just like to say cheers for a remarkable post and a
all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the minute
but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be
back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome b.
Anonymous said…
You ought to take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web.
I am going to recommend this website!
Anonymous said…
Hello, I log on to your new stuff on a regular basis.
Your writing style is awesome, keep up the good work!
Anonymous said…
whoah this weblog is excellent i love reading
your posts. Stay up the great work! You already know, lots of people
are looking around for this information, you could
aid them greatly.
Anonymous said…
My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post's to be
exactly what I'm looking for. can you offer guest writers
to write content for you personally? I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on most of
the subjects you write with regards to here.
Again, awesome website!
Anonymous said…
bookmarked!!, I like your site!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for finally writing about >"Links and Loves - PearDeck and Researched-Based Tech Integration Strategies" <Loved it!

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site