Links and Loves - A Free Webinar, Emotional Labor, Remind 101 Update, Google Certifications, Google Classroom

Happy Friday Folks!


My goodness it has been a busy week. I’m writing this post at 4:30am on this Friday morning. Nothing like sharing at the last minute!

Here are a few highlights from my week:

Tomorrow, Saturday, January 19th, I will be presenting a FREE SimpleK12 Webinar on Google Arts and Culture. Have you ever used this platform? In the webinar I will be showing all of the features and uses for using Google Arts and Culture in any classroom. I would love it if you joined me. Sign up here.


I listened to this podcast about Emotional Labor. This really connected a lot of dots for me.  It does take quite a bit of labor to lead well and to show up for others in a leadership position.  



If you use Remind101 with your students, you might want to read this update about Remind no longer working with Verizon Customers. (thank you to my colleague, Val, for sharing this with me)



As you may know, I’m totally immersed in all things Google and Google offers several types of certifications for educators.  Have you ever considered becoming a Google Certified Educator?  This is a way to show your proficiency in using Google for Education tools.  The Google Certified Trainer Program is pretty awesome. I just got re-certified and I’m so thankful for all of the updates, sharing, collaboration and technical support I get through this amazing group of educators. Now if only I could be accepted to the Google Innovator Program. I’ve tried 3 times in the past and I’m considering trying again. Never give up on your dreams and ambitions.




Speaking of Google, Google Classroom has some really fantastic updates that came out recently (Jan 2019). I know our district uses Canvas as an LMS primarily at the secondary level, but it is worth noting these updates  as I feel Google Classroom has so much potential and is fantastic as a quick go to service for those who need a place to share and assign content to students without having to create a full online course.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Stay warm and find a good book to read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site