Links and Loves - Projects from the Innovation Lab, IOS13, Canvas Tip, Tech Tip, and What I'm Listening To

Here's to the last full week of September.
Time to start thinking Fall!


LINKS AND LOVES
We've been busy in the Innovation Lab with creative projects. Our Sources of Strength group created this display with the Cricut cutting machine and one of our students created this 3D printed terrarium with our 3D pens. 


Have you heard about or downloaded the newest IOS 13 update? I did, and I'm loving all of the new features. Check out the latest features on the Verge website. The dark mode, photos app revamp and keyboard swipe are really nice! One cute update is the ability to add a Memoji (this is creating an emoji of yourself) in Messenger. Here's my Memoji!






Canvas LMS Tip:  you can add announcements to your homepage! I discovered this tip while working with a colleague, Keith, who wants to add the daily learning objective and tasks for students to view each day. Click here for the step-by-step directions. 


I'm looking for a new novel to read for enjoyment. Perhaps I will choose one from this list?


QUICK TIP
A colleague recommended that I create a special how-to video for educators who travel from room to room throughout the day. The video explains how-to save tabs to easily open on any computer. My colleague, Heather, let me know how much time this saves her every day!

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO
I finished the book, Where the Crawdad's Sing. I highly recommend this book to anyone. It was an interesting and touching story. 
I've been enjoying the folk / pop music of the Well Pennies on Spotify the past few days on my commute.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone. I'm planning to bake some type of pumpkin bread and unplug a bit this weekend. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site