Links and Loves - Books, Engineering Derby, Tools for Creativity and Organization, Google Applied Digital Skills

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! May luck be on your side and may you find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!


Here are a few links and loves that have come my way this week.


A student recommended the Throne of Glass series to me. It is  Young Adult Fiction and I'm planning to read the first book in the series over the Spring Break.





Last week's Engineering Derby in Green Bay was a huge success! It was such a creative, innovative and collaborative day!





Lately, I can't seem to live without this encyclopedia, this extension for finding colors, this site for saving links and this extension for saving tabs as I create presentations for upcoming conferences and workshops. I love technology when it helps me to create and be organized.




---------------------------------------------------------
Curricular Connection



In a few weeks, I will be using the Google Applied Digital Skills Curriculum with a group of Leadership students. The Applied Digital Skills Curriculum is free and has 39 project based, video based lessons. These lessons are geared towards Middle School and High School students and they use the Google Apps for Education (G Suite) to teach students various skills such as coding, collaboration, communication, financial skills, job skills, Language Arts, Math, organization and project management and study skills. I'll let you know how the project goes. I'll be facilitating the "Plan an Event" project.

Enjoy your weekend everyone! Stay positive and keep thinking Spring and baseball!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site