Links and Loves - Whiteboard site, WordArt, Teleprompter, Class Tech Tips and TPTs

Well, here we are in the middle of February!  I find myself anxious for Spring and ⚾!!


Here are a few links and loves that have come my way this week.


#1 A colleague shared canvas.apps.chrome with me this week. This is such a simple tool for marking up an image or creating a simple drawing on a white board. Check it out!




#2 Another colleague shared WordArt with me. This is an online word cloud art creator that enables you to create amazing and unique word cloud art with ease. I love that you can put the words into any shape. Check out the image my colleague created with WordArt!




#3 Teleprompt.me is a web based (works in Chrome) voice controlled teleprompter. So as you speak the words will scroll automatically with your voice. That way you can speak at a natural pace and not worry about going too slowly or quickly.

#4 Class Tech Tips is a blog that I’ve been enjoying from Dr. Monica Burns. She has so many great strategies and ideas for the classroom!





-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Classroom Connection

When I was learning the craft of teaching in college, I learned about instructional practices called Total Participation Techniques (TPTs)  These are techniques that allow for all students to demonstrate their learning and, at the same time, actively participate and show cognitive engagement in the topic being studied.  Most teachers use these every day. Think, Pair, Share is an example of a TPT.  I often think of the Ellen Show when I look at these. Ellen often uses TPTs to engage her audience in fun and entertaining ways. These printable cards are the perfect resource to print and keep in your lesson plan tool box.   Here is another resource.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site