Links and Loves - Cricut, Applied Digital Skills, Creativity, EdCamp Fox Valley, February Backgrounds

Greetings fellow educators. How was your week?
Here are a few links and loves I’ve been enjoying lately.



With the help of my co-workers, YouTubers and several Facebook groups and Instagram posts, , I feel as though I finally have a general understanding of how to design and create with the Cricut Design Space platform and the Cricut machine in our Innovation Lab. Next week I am planning lessons for students in a media class, centered around the Design Thinking Model, to create a product with the Cricut machine.


In yet another classroom, I am planning lessons for students using the popular Applied Digital Skills platform. These are video based lessons that integrate the Google for Education Suite (docs, slides, mail, maps, sites etc.) to have students work collaboratively to accomplish real life projects and skills. The one I am going to use is called Plan an Event.


Do you enjoy being creative? Lately I’ve been really drawn to trying creative challenges. I’ve been learning how to do brush lettering, I’ve been using an app called Procreate to draw and create digital art and I’ve been working on making paper flowers.


This weekend, on Saturday, I’m planning to attend EdCamp Fox Valley. EdCamps are a fantastic personalized professional development opportunity. I hope to share my learning with all of you.





Have you gotten your February tech backgrounds yet? Here is a great list of apps for visual white boarding.  Check out these four educational YouTube channels.



💝 Happy Valentine's Day a little early. 💝

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site