Links and Loves - A Drone, Cell Phone Policies, Ed Tech Characteristics and Books

Hello!  It's nice to be back sharing some links and loves!


A few weeks ago my son, Robert, and I tested out this DJI drone for the first time. In this video you will see Robert using hand gestures to control the drone. When Robert waves his hand the drone will take off and go into the air.  The drone locks in on Robert as a target and will then follow Robert as he moves around. When Robert holds up both hands in the air, the drone comes back down and lands in his hand. The technology developed to use and control this drone is truly amazing.  I can't wait to use this with staff and students!
LINK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you read for enjoyment? Over the summer I read several novels including the books listed below. One of my favorite pastimes is sharing book reviews with students and colleagues. 

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
Contagious by Jonah Berger

My taste in reading varies and I enjoy fiction as much as nonfiction. Currently I'm looking for a new novel to read, so if you have any recommendations for me, please send them my way. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------



How many of these 10 characteristics do you hold?  I'm pretty sure I have #5 and # 7 down pat!




--------------------------------------------------------------





With our school's new cell phone policy in place, it's interesting to see that we're not the only ones considering the use of cell phones in schools. Check out this article about the changes in schools in France.








-----------------------------------------------------------------------


This year is off to a great start. The work I do each day is truly a blessing and I am fortunate to work with such a fabulous group of educators near and far.
Happy weekend everyone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site