An Interactive Math and Science Site

Today I would like to share a great site called Smartr.edc.org.  This site came to me from Melanie Oppor, our district Curriculum Coordinator.  

The best way to describe the site Smartr is to quote what they have to say,

"Welcome to SMARTR! The only math and science site around created by youth just like you! Here you will find some amazing math and science games and activities. Search by topic (e.g., Weather) or subject (e.g., Math). Sit back, relax and EXPLORE!"

Smartr has games, activities, simulations, and careers on the concepts of math and science.  There are also YouTube videos with each topic.  I have spent some time exploring the different topics and I find the resources to be very interactive.  When you click on a link, it will take you to a site on the Internet that has an activity or video.  


Here are some of the places I explored:


Under Science and Body I found this Interactive on how big microorganisms are compared to a pin head.
 

Under Science and Cells I found this jigsaw puzzle



Under Math and 3D Geometry I found this interactive on prisms, pyramids and polyhedrons.  



Under Math and Probability I found this Virtual Coin Toss simulation.  



Under Math and Ratios I found this site about becoming a Video Game Designer.  




There are so many other great resources on Smartr and I found these to be high quality activities.  I plan to use Smartr with our students to provide supplements to the topics we are studying. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase