Links and Loves - January 28, 2022

 


My friend Trisha Louis shared this collection of health and fitness gifs and they are awesome! These are so useful for any teachers teaching phy. ed. or health classes. Of course I had to choose a baseball example to show you. 



⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Last week I talked about Wordle and how this word game has taken over the Internet. Well, I'll admit that I'm hooked and enjoying trying to solve the Wordle each day.  I even have a friendly comparison happening between myself and a colleague at work.   This week I discovered that there is a site which allows you to make your own Wordle. It is called "Word Rodeo".   With word.rodeo, you can choose how many letters you want the word to be and copy a link to share your Word Rodeo with others.   Here is a link to a puzzle I created. Can you solve it?
I also came across this Waklet collection of Wordle variations. I warned you that I am a bit addicted. 



This is a helpful collection of articles and resources for parents who are looking for ways to talk to their children about race at all different age levels. As teachers, these articles can be useful resources as well. Here is a Wakelet collection on anti-racism with a wide variety of resources.



People who know me know that I spend a lot of time researching, learning and sharing about artificial intelligence. DayofAI.org is sponsoring a free event on May 13, 2022 free to anyone. There will be activities for each grade level band as well as free curriculum and lesson plans. The best part is, there is no experience needed! We know that our students are interested in AI and knowledge is powerful when it comes to technology. Please consider registering for Day of AI and engage students in learning about AI, computer science and AI careers. 

I saw this reel on Instagram about the new Covid protocols and it made me smile but I also realize how true it is! There is confusion and uncertainty about the new recommendations. Especially when we see our colleagues returning to work within 5 - 10 days after testing positive for Covid while they are still not feeling well and have symptoms.


Happy Friday! Thank you for reading this post. I hope your weekend is a pleasant one. I'm planning to work on an upcoming webinar for SimpleK12 and also prep for another round of the online course that I teach about AI for ISTEU. Be well and keep on keeping on! 

Deb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site