Links and Loves -Friday, January 21, 2022



Is it too late to say, "Happy New Year"? It's been a while since I've had the chance to write a post. The main reason is that I've been subbing a lot in our high school with the large amount of staff that has been out. I've also been pulled in many directions with the start of a new semester.  I know that things will be back to normal soon. I just keep on keeping on. 

My youth apprentice shared this site with me and it reminds me how important it is to begin a new semester with connecting with students and helping our students to recognize their strengths, weaknesses and interests. After we both took the questionnaire, we had a great conversation about how different and yet alike our personalities are. 

16personalities.com



Each year I look forward to reading about Jennifer Gonzalez's Yearly Tech Guide. Her post details her top choices of tech tools or sites that are worth investing time into trying.  This year's top 6 tools or sites are:

  • Framevr.io (an immersive virtual reality video conference tool for teaching and learning online)
  • Google Arts and Culture Experiments (projects that utilize AI, AR and advanced technologies to stretch the limits of what technology can do)
  • #1000BlackGirlBooks (a grassroots campaign that lists over 1000 books with Black girls as the main character)
  • Osmo (a unique gaming accessory that is designed with reflective artificial intelligence that bridges the real and digital worlds.)
  • Everfi (offers free online courses for real-world learning including career exploration, social and emotional learning, health and wellness, financial literacy, healthcare literacy, banking fraud and much more. . . the lessons are gamified and based on simulations)
  • Skew the Script (The creators of this site are a group of math teachers who were tired of seeing their students drag themselves through irrelevant math problems. They wanted to write math problems that students actually cared about. With that in mind, Skew the Script was born, a site offering completely free, socially relevant math lessons for Algebra 1, Algebra 2 and AP Statistics.)

How many of these are familiar to you? I am inspired to see these types of technology integration tools and sites to promote diversity, connections, relevance and growth. 



Have you jumped on the Wordle bandwagon yet?  This game has gone viral in the past few weeks. I wonder if our students would enjoy giving this a try. It reminds me of how I used to play Words with Friends a few years back.

Check out this template from a person I follow on Instagram. Her Instagram is Whatkyndrasreading and she posts so many great book recommendations and reviews. I always enjoy reading Colleen Hoovers books as they go quickly and are great for when I am not sure what to read next. 




Thank you for reading and following along with this week's Links and Loves. I hope your weekend is a great one. I'm excited for football playoffs 💚💛 GO PACK GO💛💚 and hopefully a 2 mile walk each day.  I've also started to think about this countdown which is at 23 days at the time I am writing this post. Take care everyone! 

Deb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site