Links and Loves - ClassVR, Patternator, Nearpod, Bowling Video, Google Search, The Clearing

I can't believe we have snow on the ground in Wisconsin already!
!


Links and Loves

This week I had the pleasure of visiting my colleague, Kathleen, at
South Park Middle School to see a demonstration of ClassVR.  This type
of program will provide rich and interesting opportunities for students in
many content areas. I was very impressed with the headset and how easy
it was to use.



I had some fun with a new app called Patternator. Check out my post on
Instagram. Trust me, it's worth a look!


This week I had an opportunity to show some colleagues the Nearpod app.
There are many features that impress me. The teacher can add 360° images,
3D models, a Desmos calculator, Phet interactives along with various types of
interactive ways to check for student understanding, all in a lesson designed in
Google Presentations. 

This video is one of the best I've seen about inclusive education with a powerful analogy to bowling! I hope you check it out.

Quick Tip:
Did you know that you can refine a search in Google by using +, - and " " ?
If you type in a search for apples you will get over 5 billion results!
If you type in a search for:
apples + green - computers "granny smith"

you will get around 500,000 results and will see only results about granny smith
apples.

What I'm Listening To:

I've been hooked on true crime podcasts since listening to the Serial Podcast a
few years ago.  I started a new podcast called The Clearing this week. It has a
small connection to Wisconsin and is very interesting and I look forward to
listening to each episode on my morning commute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site