Links and Loves - 3D Doodler, Google Sites Update, Computer Science Week, Bias in Algorithms, What I'm Reading and a Tech Tip Using the Space Bar


Links and Loves
This week we focused on self-care during our collaboration time.  I hosted an activity to explore the use of 3D pens. There was creativity and fun had by all! Here are a few pictures


Google Sites has an update that allows for collapsible text boxes. Check it out here!

Computer Science week and Hour of Code is just a month away!  Perhaps this collection of 40 sites to learn how to code might be a useful resource. 

Students in one of our English classes created blackout poetry and their poems were displayed on the wall. I love this creative activity. Here is a post and video on how to create blackout poetry on a Google Doc.

This 8 minute video on Bias in Algorithms for facial recognition was really interesting and eye opening! I highly recommend watching this.



What I'm Reading

I finished the novel, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. It took awhile for me to get into this book, but now that I'm finished, I'm so glad I stuck with it. This book centers around mental illness and depression, which isn't an easy topic to listen to every day. Surprisingly, I've come to enjoy the main character and story line!







Tech Tip

The space bar can be a time saving tool when browsing the web. Simply tap it to scroll down the page with ease.  If you want to scroll back up, hold shift while tapping on the space bar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site