Links and Loves - 10 Presentation Tools, New WeVideo Feature, Manage Your Gmail, Fake News Resources, Google Tour Creator

Can you believe that May is just around the corner? There are just six weeks of school left! I have a son who will be graduating from high school. I'm starting to feel excited for him and his future


Last weekend I presented a webinar called "10 Presentation Tools that Allow for Creativity and Choice". Here is the slide presentation for you to view. To showcase each of the presentation tools, I used the same pictures and script to create the same presentation with each tool. 

Image result for wevideo

Wevideo just announced this new feature. Oh, the podcasting possibilities!

Image result for gmail icon
How many of these do you use to manage your Gmail account? Number 4 is really hard for me. 

Check out these fake news resources.  I took the fake news quiz and got a score of 6 out of 6. Yay me!

Here's what I've been reading lately. It's a real, on-the-edge-of-my-seat thriller!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curriculum Connection
Tour Creator logo
Google Tour Creator
This week I participated in a webinar to learn more about Google Tour Creator. Have you heard of this free web-based presentation creation site? 

This tool allows anyone to create their own tour using Google's Street View or your own 360° photos. Many schools are using this site to make a tour of their school for newcomers and for the general public. 

In a tour you can add as many scenes (slides) as you wish. There is the ability to upload an image to overlay on top of a 360° photo. And one of my favorite features is the ability to add audio (MP3) files to be able to have the audience listen to commentary or sound effects or music during the tour. In order to hear the the audio, you do need to turn on narration under the gear settings. 

AND, if a person views your tour on their smart phone, they can click on the virtual reality icon to view the tour in virtual reality! If you would like to see the Google 360° tour that I created about our Spring Break trip, click here.  Remember to turn on the audio in settings and click on any overlay icons. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As always, thank you for reading my blog post and for supporting instructional technology in the classroom. Have a fabulous weekend!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site