Links and Loves - Google Slides Update, April Fools!, DesignKit.org, FlipQuiz

Hey everyone. How is your April going?

How about those Milwaukee Brewers!

I'm a huge Brewers fan!



GUESS WHAT? GSuite has a new update for Google Slides that you're going to love! You can now (or will be able to very soon) add audio to Google Slides! We've been asking for this for a while now, and Google listened. I'm super excited for the educational possibilities with this new update. Music, sound effects, voiceovers. . . this is going to be amazing!


On April Fool's Day I shared this clever and techy video with some students and colleagues online. I would love to put something like this together to entertain and inspire students in a classroom. I think this might be a bit challenging even for me.


This week I was given an opportunity to attend a Google Conference on Design Thinking. DESIGN THINKING can be incorporated into any classroom and curriculum.  It was a fabulous day where the attendees got to go through the Design Thinking process with a challenge that we see in education and in our district. If you are interested in checking out more about Design Thinking and finding activities and strategies for students, I really like the site DesignKit.org.



-------------------------------------------------------------
CLASSROOM CONNECTION

FlipQuiz - Random Group Creator
This week I was working with a group of Leadership students who were assigned the task of giving feedback to a peer about a project they were designing. Since I wanted to assign partners quickly and randomly, I used FlipQuiz. I simply copy and pasted the students' names into a box. I could group the students by the number of groups or by the number of students in each group. FlipQuiz
also has a tool called student chooser which will

choose a student at random from a list.  





I saw this quote recently and I thought to myself, I hope each of us takes the opportunity to give ourselves 5% of emotional wellness. Personally, I'm going to spend my weekend watching my son's baseball team at UW Whitewater take on UW Oshkosh. This is the best self maintenance there is for me. Family, friends and baseball! It should be a great showdown!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Vote for Your Favorite Bookmarking Site