When Teachers Share

Teachers Who Share Are The Best Kind of Teachers


I get to work with many different teachers in our school and beyond.  Almost every one of these teachers are passionate, caring and truly want to do what is best for students. It is rare to find a teacher who doesn't fit this description.  

What I've come to realize is that the teachers who share with others are often the most reflective in their practice and have strong pedagogical knowledge.  

Personally I love to share with others. The idea that together we are better is an understatement. Building a culture of sharing with each other is a goal that every school and district should embrace.  

So without further adieu, here are a few ways that teachers can share. 

Social media - Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest or Instagram
These are excellent places for teachers to consume and learn. If you have something to share with other teachers, I highly recommend you tweet, post, pin and capture student learning or showcase students' work through social media. 

Start a blog or podcast - or contribute to someone else's

Over the years, I've read many teacher-produced blogs. They inspire me and keep me current in my practice. EdTech Magazine is a great place to find blogs written by educators for educators.
And if you know me at all, you know that podcasts are my jam. Currently, I am listening to this one and this one and this one.

Upload a Lesson or Resource to the Internet

If you have a great lesson plan and are willing to share it freely, you might consider uploading it to, Share My Lesson or to Teachers.net
Another very popular place to share lesson ideas and resources is Teachers Pay Teachers

Host a webinar - Or Contribute to Someone Else's

Webinars are short web-based seminars. They are a presentation and are sometimes interactive. Participants have the opportunity to join from the comfort of their home and can still ask questions and engage with the presenter.  One service where I go to view and also to present webinars is SimpleK12. They offer free webinars on Saturdays.

Be a Presenter

Whether you present at a local EdCamp, conference or within your district, presenting is one of my favorite ways to share and learn. When teachers present, they are pushing themselves to new heights and stretching their skill set. Presenting can be a bit scary, but the rewards are amazing. People often learn more by presenting than by sitting in the audience because, as we all know:

I hope you will consider sharing with others.  Sharing promotes reflection and learning and makes you a better teacher.  

In appreciation of all of those educators who share with us each and every day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase