Infographics are a tool I have been using for a few years now in my classroom. I've written about infographics before here . I usually use an infographic to present information or to have students use the infographic to gather and obtain facts and data. Here is an example of an infographic we use in our Health unit on the Circulatory System. Notice how infographics present information with a lot of icons, images, and color. That is what makes the infographic visually pleasing and draws the reader into the content. My students also enjoy the fact that the information is presented in small sections or chunks. To find infographics to use in this way, I usually do a Google image search like this one . While attending ISTE13, I learned about a site called Easel.ly . This site is in BETA. Easel.ly lets a person easily create their own infographic. I haven't had my 5th graders create their own infographics yet, but after playing with Ease...
Comments
I like that management tool for behavior too - especially for RtI behavior related issues.