Links and Loves





Here are two interesting reads about Generation Z and Millennials  👀
27 WAYS TO GAIN THE ATTENTION OF DIGITALLY DISTRACTED STUDENTS
'Psychologically scarred' millennials are killing countless industries from napkins to Applebee's.  I agree with most of the items in this article. Especially department stores.  -- I heard about this article while listening to this podcast.
I truly enjoy learning about different generations and especially connecting with the generation we teach.
*******
Here are some books I’ve read lately 📚

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas  (Young Adult Fiction)
The Selection by Kiera Cass (Book 1 in a 4 book series | Recommended by a student)
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline  (now a major motion picture directed by Steven Spielberg)

I’m looking forward to reading this book recommended by a colleague.


-------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently I worked with a classroom on blogging. One site that is free to use and fairly simple to create with is Weebly.  There are beautiful themes to pick from and adding a post is very easy. Students really like the drag and drop builder to create a unique blog. Weebly is typically known for creating websites, but blogging is an additional option.
I highly recommend using Weebly in the classroom.

Have a beautiful weekend and enjoy your time with friends and family. I have a fundraiser for baseball this weekend -- I'm so excited and ready for baseball weather!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase