BookSnaps!


BookSnaps! Annotate, reflect, and share what you're reading



This week I joined a book club at our school.  I absolutely love reading and sharing books with others.

One way to share and reflect on what we are reading is through a method called BookSnaps. BookSnaps uses technology to capture pictures of the pages of a book we are reading and then annotate on top of the pictures to add text, images and drawings. These images are then called BookSnaps.  


Each person in the book club can view each other’s BookSnaps and get a sense of what each person is reading and their thoughts about the book. You can read more about BookSnaps by clicking here to read Tara Martin's blog post.  In Tara's example, the students would use the popular app SnapChat.


Here is Another Option


If your students aren’t able to use SnapChat, you can create BookSnaps using the free Book Creator App available for Chrome. Book Creator lets me add my own images, text, and stickers. I can also personalize the backgrounds, colors and look of the pages. I can even add a voice recording!

Here is my example of the BookSnap I started creating. I can add to the BookSnap as I go and let others see my thoughts and reflections.

Wouldn't it be amazing if students and staff created BookSnaps to post in the school media center to promote and share what they are reading? I for one would love to take part in this type of activity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase