Inspirograph - A Digital Spirograph!

Today I share a post about something that is fun and creative. I believe it's important for us to remember to bring some fun, enjoyment and love of creativity into our students lives. 

School, teaching and learning should be enjoyable!

I've always enjoyed drawing and sketching and I think it is partly because I grew up with a Spirograph when I was younger.


So you can imagine my excitement when I came across this digital version of Spirograph.

Inspirograph has the exact same tools as the Spirograph kit used to have. Change the gears (wheels) and select a pen color. Choose your paper and start creating. 




To save yourself from overuse of the mouse or trackpad, check out the keyboard shortcuts and use the arrow keys to move the gears.

If you need a reason to justify the use of this site, it's good to remember that mathematics can play a part in this type of artwork whether it is patterns, scales, gears or ratios. There are also artistic elements of design involved such as value, colour, shape, value and balance.

I highly recommend sharing Inspirograph with your students.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase