My Blog Makeover - How I Did It



I love change and and rarely do the same thing over and over.  So a blog makeover was inevitable.  It takes quite a bit to make a blog look completely different, but I have found ways to make it easier on myself.

Here are the resources I used to complete my blog makeover.  

I found the background at the Dotty Dot Dot blog.  I chose Summer Sunset and simply had to copy the code and insert it.  I found directions on how to do this here.  I could have use the header (the title at the top of a blog) from this site as well, but I decided it was too plain, so I searched for a different header.

Shabby Blogs provided me with a header that fit my background perfectly.  I found directions to change my header here.

I wanted to add my blog title to the header, so I used a photo editing site called Fotoflexer.  This was the first time I had used this site and I loved it!  I have since used Fotoflexer for some other projects as well!

Sharing TechnologyHaving a button on my blog is an added bonus that many bloggers use.  Buttons allow others to post a button on their blog linking back to my blog.  First I made my button by cropping my header picture on Fotoflexer.  My button appears in my sidebar with coding below it.  A visitor can copy the code and embed it into their blog post.  I used this Grab My Button Code Generator to put my button on my blog.  I appreciated the ability to customize the background and text colors as well as the size of the code box.  

Next, I wanted to add social media buttons onto my blog so that people who visit my blog can connect with me through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.  To make this easy on myself I used this Social Media Widget Code Creator.  I had to know all of my usernames for each of the sites I wanted to add, which took me a while to find.  Otherwise, this was a very simple widget to create and add to my blog.



I left many of the other widgets that I previously had on my blog, including Link Within and Feedjit.  The Blogger Template Designer helped me to choose my font and colors.  And there you have it, my blog makeover.  If you are a blogger I hope this post can help you to do your own blog makeover.



Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm in awe. I got so tired just from reading all the steps that you took for this makeover and imagining myself doing it that I had to go take a nap. As I said, I'm in awe.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for noticing all of my hard work, Dr. Zimman. When you're ready to do a blog makeover, I'll be happy to help you out.

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

A Personal Story - My Healthy Journey of 2015