A while back I saw a post on another blog that revealed some informational facts about the blog, so I thought it might be interesting (and therapeutic) to write a similar post.
- How did this blog get started? This blog started because of my master's thesis. I wanted to find out if using a blog to share technology with other teachers would be effective. Turns out it is.
- A lot of people ask me when I find the time to blog. I write most of my posts on Saturday and Sunday mornings between 5am and 8am. I am a terrible sleeper and will often go onto my computer during the night, so it is not unheard of for me to write a post at 2:30 am!
- How long does it take? It takes between 2 and 3 hours to write my posts for the week. Part of this is finding sites to share.
- Where do I find the things I share? I currently follow 164 blogs through my Google Reader, which equals over 1000 blog posts per week. I check my Google Reader every day and sometimes I have to click on "Mark all as Read" just to get through everything.
- How many posts have I written? To date I have written over 200 posts.
- Why do I do it? I have no other answer other than I love to share what I find and my goal is to have all students receive a technology rich education.
- Lastly, what do I think about my blog? Secretly, I often wish I had more followers, I currently have 12. Truthfully I often wonder what I should do to make my blog better than it is. Honestly, I remind myself that my goal is to share technology, and any other statistics shouldn't be a factor.
Thank you to all of my followers and to those who read my blog on a daily basis. I really do appreciate your feedback and comments.