#StarbucksMyRoom

Inspiration for Redesigning Your Learning Space

As I have mentioned many times, I love listening to podcasts when I'm commuting.  Recently I listened to this podcast from The Cool Cat Teacher - "Do Students Learn Better in Chairs or Couches?"  In this podcast, the guest, Oskar Cymerman, talks about how he plans to Starbucks his classroom. Oskar is a Chemistry and Principles of Engineering Teacher at Woodbury High School in the Twin Cities Metro Area, MN.

After listening to the podcast, I went to Oskar's website, focus2achieve.com and read his blogpost about redesigning his learning space. In the blog post, Oskar mentions checking out the hashtag #StarbucksMyRoom on Twitter. So I went to check it out.











These teachers and classrooms really jumpstart my desire to bring in flexible seating and create learning spaces for today's students. This is the year to #StarbucksMyRoom!  I don't actually have a classroom, but we do have open spaces in our high school where comfortable, flexible seating can be incorporated. I hope you have the chance to listen to the podcast I mentioned above or to follow Oskar's blog or to check out the hashtag #StarbucksMyRoom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase