Send to Kindle Google Chrome Extension


In just a few short days, I'm off to Portland, OR to work with Naomi Harm, Marshal Conley and Intel for Education.  I am really excited and I can hardly wait to spend time "getting my tech on".



Since I will have quite a long flight, and I am hoping to spend some time reading during the flight, I need to get prepared.  Now I just heard that airlines are supposed to be allowing passengers to turn on electronic devices during take offs, landings and taxing, however, I'm not going to count on it.  



In case you didn't know this about me, I am an avid Kindle user.  I never purchase books anymore.  Basically if I want to read a book, I immediately look to see if it comes in ebook format.  



One way that I love to read on my Kindle is to send webpages from the web directly to my Kindle.  To do this I use an extension called Send to Kindle for Google Chrome.  When I come to an article or blog post that I want to read on my kindle, I simply click on the extension.  From there I can do a couple of things.



I can preview how the text will look before sending.  I can highlight and select only the text I wish to send to my Kindle or I can just send to Kindle without any delay.  If I preview first I can choose how the text will look on my Kindle:

On my Kindle all I need to do is connect to wifi and the articles will be downloaded.  After that I will no longer need wifi to read the articles, so this makes using my Kindle on an airplane a great way to read the web without needing to be connected to the Internet.

If you have a Kindle and haven't tried the Send to Kindle for Google Chrome extension, I highly recommend giving it a try.

In the mean time, safe travels everyone!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase