Connected in So Many Ways

This spring has been super busy for me.  There are track meets, baseball games, practices, school events, and of course teaching every day.

Because I like to stay connected to all of my social media outlets, I am finding that I use apps on my iPhone more than I do my laptop to keep up-to-date.

Here are the apps that I have been using a lot in between track events and baseball games:



Twitter - I check Twitter more than any other app. I love keeping up with all of the wonderful people in my PLN.




Feedly- This is really a wonderful app.  My RSS feeds build up fast and the Feedly app makes it easy to peruse through the long list of blog posts and articles.



Facebook - My friends and family are always with me through this app.  It seems that the Facebook app keeps getting better and better with each update.  I particularly like the new message feature.

Linkedin - It's nice to see the new connections that professionals are making as well as job opportunities.  Linkedin also has the new endorse feature, which is a nice way to support one another in our professional careers.



Instagram - I used to use Insagram quite a bit in the past, but now I only occasionally check it out.  I guess this is one social media outlet that just didn't stick with me.  I do still enjoy the posts made by my sons and friends.



Scoop.it - this is by far one of the best sites for curating the web that I have ever found.  I just love Scoop.it and the visual way that I am able to capture great finds on the Internet.  Check out my Scoop.it Project Showcase of sites and projects we have done through out the years.



Snapchat - I started using Snapchat to connect with my nieces while they are away at college.  Snapchat allows you to take a picture or video and send it to others.  The catch is that when you receive a Snapchat you can only view the picture for a few seconds and then it is gone.  You cannot save or capture the picture.  It's like getting a snapshot of a moment in time.  What I love is that I feel more connected to my nieces that I ever have in the past and it's due to this wonderful little app.

As you can see, each app connects me to different groups of people and serves a special purpose. Even though I love my social networking, my favorite way to connect with people is still face to face.

Here's hoping you have a wonderful, connected day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

A Personal Story - My Healthy Journey of 2015