Election Resources


It's time to start thinking about the upcoming election.  Here are some resources I have come across recently.

#1 -A You Tube video explaining the Electoral College:



#2 -Rand McNally has an interactive Electoral College Map.




#3 - A You Tube video on the History of Voting:



#4 -This infographic is really nice for learning about each candidate, but it may be a little too difficult for lower elementary students.


#5 - Scholastic has many resources.  I especially like the maps and games.  I plan to have my students try the game On the Road to the White House.  The Video Highlights are also very good.



#6 -PBS Kids has a game called President for a Day.  There are a few other resources as well.  

#7 - I like Ben's Guide to U. S. Government's explanation for How the President is Elected.

#8 - CNN has a comic book interactive about the eight steps to the White House. 

#9 - Isidewith.com has a quiz you can take to find out with candidate you side with.   I enjoyed taking this quiz myself, but I would caution using this with younger students since some issues may be controversial such as abortion and gay marriage.  

#10 - iCivics has a fun game to play called Win the White House where you get to manage your very own Presidential Campaign.  

If you have an online resource for the election, please share.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase