Coming Soon to Our Classroom

I've been thinking about integrating some new technologies into our classroom this year.  The possibilities seem endless!  I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, so I'm going to focus on a few at a time.  To get started, I have bookmarked a few possibilities on Symbaloo

Click here to see my "Tools to Integrate" Symbaloo.   


Today I'm going to showcase a few of my bookmarks.


#1 Nearpod - this is an app for the iPad that allows the teacher to create multimedia interactive lessons and then share those lessons with students.   This video really explains well all that Nearpod can do.  What I'm most excited about is the ability to create interactive quizzes within the lesson.


#2 Ptch - this is also an iPad app that allows a person to create slideshows and add music and captions using their photos and/or videos on their iPad.  I've already created several slideshows and I found this app very easy to use.  I like that I could crop my videos to the part that I wanted to show and I could also edit how long each photo or video     played.  


#3 - Doceri is an iPad app as well as a download for your PC.  It is an interactive whiteboard as well as a screencast recorder.  Last year I used Splashtop to connect to my PC via my iPad.  Doceri will do the same thing, but it also allows me to do a screencast recording with some awesome drawing tools as well.  I've experimented several times with Doceri this summer and I am so impressed with all that it can do.  This is one application I'm pretty sure I will love in the classroom.


#4 - Greenscreening technology is used in Hollywood movies or in weather forecasts.  It allows a person to create a video that superimposes them into any scene.  This technology is becoming a create way for students to show their creativity.  This wiki has a Glogster that explains Greenscreening and has a sample video.  What fun our students will have using Greenscreening!


#5 - Thinglink allows a person to embed audio, video and media links to images that they upload to the web.  Below is an example of a Thinglink.  As you scroll over the image, small circles show up that have embedded material.  I would like to see students create an image and use Thinglink to create a presentation with embedded material.



#6 - Socrative is a smart student response system.  Watch the video below to see a demonstration.  I love the fact that students get instant feedback DURING the quiz, not just when the quiz is over. The teacher also has instant feedback from the student responses.



There are more bookmarks on my Symbaloo than what I have mentioned above, and I will continue to add more bookmarks as new technologies come my way, so make sure to check my "Tools to Integrate" at a later date.  


I'm really excited to start some new tech ed in our classroom this year.  Are you planning to incorporate something new?  I'd love to hear about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase