Good Reads

I've been a member of Goodreads for a few months now, and I would like to share this site with you.  Good Reads is a social network for people who enjoy reading.


What is Good Reads?
Goodreads is the largest site for readers and book recommendations in the world. We have more than 7,600,000 members who have added more than 270,000,000 books to their shelves. A home for casual readers and bona-fide bookworms alike, Goodreads users recommend books, compare what they are reading, keep track of what they've read and would like to read, find their next favorite book, form book clubs and much more. Goodreads was launched in January 2007. 


I love sharing what I'm reading with others and also following others to see what they have read.  Good Reads helps me to keep track of books I want to read, books I am currently reading and books I have read.  Good Reads can be linked to your Amazon account if you use a Kindle or other ereader.  Another nice feature is that you can rate each book you read, leave comments about what you thought of the book and recommend the book to your friends.  

Here are a few widgets from my shelves in Good Reads.



Deb's bookshelf: read







goodreads.com



Deb's books

The Mill River Recluse
Broken Laces
Can You Keep a Secret?
Tuesdays with Morrie
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Sarah's Key
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
The Glass Castle
Little Bee
The Help
Water for Elephants
The Red Tent
The Hunger Games
My Sister's Keeper
The Secret Life of Bees
A Thousand Splendid Suns
The Kite Runner
Wife by Wednesday
Already Gone
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet


Deb Norton's favorite books »
}





If you like to share what you are reading and get ideas from others on what to read, consider joining Good Reads.  Don't forget to become my friend.  I'd love to have more people share with me what they are reading or have read.


I keep considering using a site such as Good Reads with my students, but I just haven't decided which site is the best for 5th graders.  A while back I talked about Shelfari, which could be a possiblity.  I'm just concerned about strangers having access to student information.  If you know of a kid friendly site for keeping a bookshelf of books, let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase