Project Based Learning

I love this video created by Common Craft.  It explains Project Based Learning in a very simplistic way!



Stacey and I have the critical thinking, collaboration and communication components built in our projects, but the area our students have the most difficulty with is critical thinking!  They love to collaborate.  Communicating is natural for some of our students and a challenge for others in our room.  But critical thinking is just plain difficult for our students developmentally.  Any ideas on how to improve critical thinking skills are welcome.

One more note:  I keep hearing that if the teacher is working harder than the students, something is wrong.  Students should be doing most of the work and the thinking.  This is what I am working towards as an educator.  I want to see the students doing the critical thinking and not me thinking for them!  Your thoughts on how best to make this happen are welcome.  Please share if something works for you.

Thanks for reading!
Deb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

A Personal Story - My Healthy Journey of 2015