What's on the Menu?

Learning Menus are something I keep hearing about on Twitter and in the blogosphere. 

In the most recent episode of the Digital Buzz Radio Show, Naomi Harm shares the basics of Learning Menus as one way to personalize learning for every student.

Let's take a look:


  • Learning menus are a way to give students choice and differentiate the activities for students.
  • Learning menus have 3 parts: the main course, the side dish and the dessert.
  • In a learning menu, all of the activities in the main dish are required and cover the content.  The side dishes are choices and allow for differentiation.  The the desserts are extensions of the content.

Here is an example:



Watch this video to learn more about learning menus:



Here is another example of a learning menu:


I decided to give learning menus a try for myself.  So here is Norton's Learning Menu for a Novel we are Reading called Jimmy Spoon.





My students are going to love having some voice and choice in their learning.  Learning menus remind me of the Tic-Tac-Toe boards that I used all the time with Gifted and Talented students back in the day.  I hope you give learning menus a try.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase