So, the search for just the right desk is on! We want to be able to encourage collaboration and mobility while also provide a larger work space. So, I think we may have found just the right one!
Introducing the Shapes desk:
These amazing desks would allow us to:
- easily make groups of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, or 12 students for collaboration throughout the day.
- store our materials in a backpack which can hang from any of the hooks in each of the corners
- allow students to not be tied to one desk, but rather allow students to be able to move to any desk at any time.
- create learning spaces throughout our room since these desks can be arranged to take up less space.
- give our students more desk space to work with their mobile devices.
As you may have guessed, desks are expensive and our grant can only cover a portion of the cost. So whether we will be able to afford this desk at approximately $200 a desk will be the deciding factor. And of course there is the matter of shipping costs.
What do you think of these desks? Do you know of a cheaper option? Anxiously waiting to make a decision. . .