Gifs - For Added Interest or Create Your Own

A Gif (pronounced) 


stands for Graphics Interchange Format.  Think, "Choosy educators choose Gif!"  

Gifs are small animated images.  Gif is a file format that stores images in a compressed format so that these images are small and easy to send.  When you save a gif it will look like this: twist.gif.

Here is a gif I found on Google Images:

And here is a gif I might use in a health lesson on the circulatory system.

This gif was made with the site www.gifsoup.com.  This site lets you make a gif from a YouTube video.  Here is one I made using www.gifsoup.com showing a chicken hatching:

www.gifsoup.com allows you to make a 10 second gif unless you sign up for a premium account.  Saving a gif is the same as saving an image.  Just right click and save image as.

Another option is to create your own gif using your own images.  This would be a great way for students to show the steps in a process or to show the parts to a diagram. 

Here are some examples of gifs I made:


For my example gifs I used images from the computer, but another option would be to use students' hand drawn pictures.

Watch the video below to see how I created my own gifs using the site Picasion.  I also show how to use them with Google Docs.



Remember gifs, unlike a video,  are really nice because they are compressed files that don't take up much space and can easily be sent to someone or uploaded onto a document.  

I highly recommend teaching students how to make a gif and/or using gifs in your lessons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase