Evernote

 


Have you ever heard of Evernote?  I've been using this app for a while now and I think it's time I share it with all of you.  

See the Elephant?  This is Evernote's icon and it has to do with that saying about "an elephant never forgets".  

This is how I would describe Evernote:  an app that lets you take notes in various formats including text, photos, audio or links, and then syncs those notes to any device that you have the Evernote app installed on; including a smart phone, iPad, iPod, eReader, laptop, or desktop.  

Let me tell you how I have been using Evernote.   First, here is a screen shot of my current notes:

As you can see, I have a note that is a URL of a site that I wanted to remember.  I took this note by clicking the Evernote add-on in my web browser on my laptop.  


I also have a note with a picture of some chap stick.  I took this note one morning when my son said he was out of chap stick.  I didn't have time to take a text note, so I used my phone to snap a quick photo in the Evernote app.
 


The audio note you see in the screen shot was taken at a time when I was was riding home in my carpool, and I didn't want to type.  So I opened Evernote on my phone and just recorded the things I needed to do when I got home.

 


There are several text notes that I keep every week and add to them.  One is a grocery list and the other is a Target list.  These I usually do on my Kindle Fire or on my iPad.  


The best part is that no matter where I take a note, all of my devices will sync and have the note where ever and whenever I need it.


Recently, Evernote introduced Evernote for Schools.


I haven't really thought about using Evernote in my classroom before now. 

Imagine if every student had an Evernote account and could record notes  on their laptops or iPads.  The notes could be text, audio, links or photos.  The notes could be of things they are learning about, goals they have, or projects they have completed. 


This could be a quick and simple way to keep an eportfolio of student work.


Evernote for Schools costs money, but may be worth it.

Evernote has become a tool that I rely on to keep me organized.  I highly recommend giving it a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase