Similar Sites


Have you ever searched for just the right tool to use with your students?  Do you get tired of searching, and searching, and searching. . . . ?

For example, I love using Wallwisher and Bubbl.us with my students, but I need something that offers easier collaboration.  
I recently discovered a tool called Similar Sites.  This was super useful to me.  


Similar Sites will find websites that are just like the one you enter into the search box.  It will then give you a list of similar sites.  Each results has a similarity rating to help you find a tool that closely matches the one you already use.

Here is a screenshot of my search for sites similar to Bubbl.us.

Here is what Similar Sites says about themselves:

"Because it's all about choice, SimilarSites.com helps you find alternatives. Don't scroll through countless search results - SimilarSites makes finding content related to your current search absolutely effortless. Simply enter a web address and instantly you will receive high quality results - based on content examination rather than popularity."


Similar Sites is all about finding new web 2.0 tools and websites that I don't already know about, because that is what I love to do!



Last thing: for you techy people, there are browser extensions for Similar Sites! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi,

Try http://www.similarsitesearch.com/. It is a better tool!

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase