A K-12 Stie to Help Teach Government



Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids is a site I found recently while searching for resources about the U.S. states.  This site is great for teaching topics about government, laws, elections, the states and so much more!  The site is divided into sections for K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12.  I have mostly explored the 3-5 area and it is excellent.  The topics that I read about have short, kid friendly explanations and graphics.  There are games to play; both printable and interactive.  I especially liked the Place the State interactive game.


Another great resource this site offers if a free Activity book full of resources and activities called Symbols of the U.S. Government.  I found several great activities in this free book that I would use with our students.  Here is where I found the free book:

I highly recommend Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids to any teacher wishing to help students of any age gain more knowledge about our government and nation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Poetry Sites - This Is So Much Fun!

Buncee Can Be Used in Many Ways - Presentations, Blended Learning or a Student Showcase